Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Weakness

Woke up with …

“I’m too proud…to ask,
too broke…to eat,
too weak to bow,
too strong to bleed”


I had a very rough day yesterday. My doctor put me on a new blood pressure medicine which was too strong so all day I fought very low blood pressure. I had a hard time thinking clearly, or even functioning. I came home, slept 1-½ hours then got up and thought I would read some of one of the grief books that a friend had loaned me. I have been doing better since the retreat but the grief book put me right back into a tailspin so I gave up and tried to do some work on my computer, but I couldn’t concentrate. I knew I should just get into the Word but because my head was still foggy I decided to just watch a stupid movie to turn of my feelings (wrong thing to do). I had terrible nightmares and woke up with a deep feeling of oppression on me. I felt so discouraged with myself and was talking to God all morning about what a mess I am, what a dismal failure I am. This is what the little devotion book (Jesus Calling) Brenna and I start with in the morning said:

Do not be discouraged by the difficulty of keeping your focus on me. I know that your hearts desire is to be aware of My Presence continually...Don’t let feelings of failure weight you down…”  Isn't God funny :-). 

I like this scripture:

Hebrews 4:15-16
“For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are--yet was without sin. 16 Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.”


“You take the weight...from my shoulders
My hands were clinched...now their open
I'll take your goodness...poured from the sky
Food from the ravens...water from the dry...well” 
)

No comments:

Post a Comment